|22. App La Bonette|
Saint Pons (Barcelonnette)
800 - 800 euro
La Bonette : "Naturally" on holiday in the Alps!
Beautiful spacious stylish apartment, built in wood with a surface of 100 m2 + mezzanine for a maximum of 6 persons; situated in the quiet and rural village Saint Pons at 1.5 km of the famous tourist site Barcelonnette. Barcelonnette, the convivial capital of the Ubaye valley with its magnificent Mexican villas, shopping streets and the square with inviting little terraces where there is live music in the summer, is definitely worth a visit. If you like you can go bowling in Barcelonnette. And there are also tennis courts, midget golf, a cinema and a swimming pool. There is even a go-kart track where you can hire squads.
There are old 19th-century defence forts throughout the valley, the largest and most impressive of which is Fort Tournoux. There are also five comfortable twin rooms with a balcony and one double room for four persons, formula: bed and breakfast; click at the link for more information.
Description La Bonette:
Big living - eat room with sleep couch and luxurious open fully equipped kitchen with microwave, oven, dishwasher, large frigidaire etc. The living room is provided with a wood stove and TV and has a small balcony at the south with fantastic view over the mountains and the winter sport area Pra Loup. Two 2 persons bedrooms of which 1 with a bathroom (shower, toilet and wash-hand basin)and a mezzanine with two single beds. Hall with separate toilet and a second bathroom with shower and double wash-hand basin and washing machine.
For children there is a riding school, a playground and an adventure park all within walking distance.
l’Escale en Ubaye in the summer
• Cyclists can enjoy the challenge of cycling over the various mountain passes in the region. For cyclists there is the Col de la Bonette - the highest mountain pass in the Alps, rising to a height of 2802 metres. The ‘Brevet des 7 Cols Ubayens’ - a certificate that says that you have cycled over the seven mountain passes in the region - is a challenge for every cyclist and you can do it in your own time. In August there is the annual Circuit des 3 Cols from Barcelonnette. Mountain biking on the Col du Parpaillon is also a must.
• Water-lovers can engage in all kinds of activities on the River Ubaye and the Lac Serre Poncon reservoir. The valley is named after the River Ubaye, which is ideal for adventurous water sports such as rafting, canyoning, canoeing, hot-dogging, hydrospeed and kayaking. Certain stretches of the river are quite turbulent. So there is an appropriate stretch of water for every person at every level on the River Ubaye. Lac Serre Poncon is the largest reservoir in Europe. Here you can swim, wind surf, water-ski or simply enjoy lazing in the sun.
• High-fliers can enjoy the valley from the air to their heart’s content. High-fliers have a choice of paragliding, hang-gliding and gliding. There is a local airfield within walking distance of the guesthouse. Here you can go up in a glider or a light aircraft (maximum of 3 passengers). That way you can also admire the valley from the air.
• Keen ramblers will be in their element in the Parc National du Mercantour
l’Escale en Ubaye in the winter
• Skiing, cross country skiing, hiking, snowboarding and snow scooters. The guesthouse is opposite the winter sports resort of Espace Lumiere (Pra Loup en Foux d’Allos). This sunny winter sports resort has 167 km of pistes and all kinds of possibilities for off-piste activities and is a delight for every skier and snowboarder. For those who want to visit another ski resort there is also the smaller ski resort of Le Sauze/Supersauze and picturesque St. Anne, both of which are not far from our guesthouse.
• Dog sleigh rides, skating, paragliding and hang-gliding